In 2010 I inherited a signature quilt from my cousin Judy. I have been researching the 260 names listed on its panels since then. My aim is to publish a book bringing to life the residents of Jackson Corners and their neighbors, who in 1903 helped support their Methodist Church pastor’s salary by adding their names to the quilt. By looking into their family histories, the book will paint a picture of rural Northern Dutchess County at the turn of the century when the “simple” life was coming to an end.
- Table of Contents
- Life in Jackson Corners in 1903
- The Jackson Corners Methodist Church
- Panels of the Quilt (29 with names, 42 total)
- Selected Family Trees
- Photos of Panels, people, places, etc.
- Index of Names on the Quilt
Please subscribe to this blog for updates and to find out when the book has been published. Thanks!